Monday, December 31, 2012

New challenges

The New Year holds lots of changes for our family which I have already talked about in other posts but a new one has popped up during the last few weeks. I have a new job and will be commuting to work in a city library three days a week and working in our town library two days. I haven’t worked full-time for twenty years! It is pretty exciting and amazes me that at this stage of my life I have found a job I love, want to study for and learn more about.
 
In keeping with the Letting Go theme I have decided to let go of this blog for a while as I find my feet with the new job and commuting. My husband is very excited about being a house-husband for a while and I may never need to cook again!

I will need a new hobby as I won’t be pretending to write a book anymore. A friend suggested ‘beta-reading’. That sounds like fun as that’s what I do – I read. I will look into it.

Thanks to the lovely people who follow me on twitter, I now have a list of new authors to try and can’t wait to get my hands on their books. Uni student daughter is taking me shopping tomorrow to finally buy an e-reader.

False Advertising by Dianne Blacklock is on top of the reading pile at the moment and soon I will have all the lovely new ones on my e-reader!
 
To all of you who have taken the time to read this blog I wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.
 
The writing and proofreading has taken a back seat but I will always be a reader. 

Kerry



No comments:

Post a Comment